Provides integration into ConnectWise Manage via the REST API documented at https://developer.connectwise.com/Products/Manage/REST.
The dynamic samples are generated through OpenAPI using the publicly published ConnectWise Manage OpenAPI Document.
126.96.36.199 Initial Release
188.8.131.52 Added ClientID tracking code to request header.
184.108.40.206 Added OpenAPI support and updated the dynamic samples.
Type: Connection Input
The Connection Property
Your company plus your API public key.
Your API private key.
When True, the node will consume any web request errors and return a success state (and follow execution) with a Status Code property output. The Status Code property can then be used to validate and check the web request response. All
other failures (non web request related) will return an error state.
Type: String Input
Populated by a GUID relevant to the selected Sample.
Type: Multiline Text Input
The Request JSON payload, operations that include inserting or updating data in ConnectWise will use this.
Type: Multiline Text Output
The Response JSON payload, contains the response received from ConnectWise Manage.
Type: String Input
The Response Code as returned by the API server, 200 for success, 500 for error, etc.
Type: String Input
The description of the API call selected through the dynamic samples.
Custom inputs are automatically created for the node when a sample containing url parameters has been selected. Url parameters that are part of the API call are required, while query type parameters can be removed or added based on individual need.
Example: The custom input "id" from the GET Company from ID api call is required, while the custom input "pageSize" from Get Agreements is not required.
All url parameters are determined through the OpenAPI document and are applied on selection of a sample, delete all custom properties that you will not be using.
Setting up a Connection
This Node makes use of Basic Authentication as described by ConnectWise Manage Member Authentication.
Creating an API member
- In ConnectWise Manage, go to System > Members > API Members
- Click + to create a new API member
- In the Member ID field type Flowgear
- Enter an email address (this should be a functioning email address at your company)
- Under System, select the Role ID Admin - or - select a custom Security Role if you want to personalize what Flowgear can access.
- Complete any remaining required fields. The values you enter into these fields won't impact Flowgear. For fields that aren't required, feel free to leave these blank or choose the default setting.
- Click Save.
Creating an API Key
- Select the API member created for Flowgear in the previous section and click the API Keys tab
- Click + to create a new API key
- For description enter Flowgear, then click Save. Please Note: You will only be able to see your private key once at creation, after that it will be unavailable, please store this private key somewhere safe.
Creating the Connection
- Copy the value of your ConnectWise url into the SiteUrl, example "https://mycompany.myconnectwise.net".
- Copy the value of your company plus the api public key you created into Username, example "training+5QBrF9Eobsojjl19"
- Copy the value of the private key you have created into Password, example "gNfvfMdPxIAPOIvB".
Using Query String Parameters
When selecting samples that support query string parameters, your node will be populated with custom properties such as "conditions" and "orderBy". You can use these properties by filling in values such as the ones specified below.
Using conditions would include specifying the field you want to filter by and it's value, example, identifier="Test" AND id>5. To use orderBy you simply specify the field you wish to order by and whether it should be ascending or descending, example, "name asc".
For a comprehensive guide on using query string parameters, please see the Documentation.
Access Node Samples to see a list of available calls.
See https://flowgear.me/s/IYQqpdW for an example.