We're excited to have you joining us for an upcoming certification training course!
This article explains how our training works and what you'll need to do before and during the course.
Our Technical Certification is an intensive, practical course run online over 3 days, 3 hours per day. You'll be able to live chat with the instructor during the course and our team will be able to help you on a 1 on 1 basis too.
After certifying, you'll be qualified to provide implementation of Flowgear solutions either as a partner or a self-service customer.
The course is intended primarily for technical folks, preferably with some dev/scripting experience. However, some of the first day modules will be suitable for others too, as noted below.
Important: Before the course begins you must complete the exercises in the primer video below.
Attendees should have at least the following technical skills:
- Proficiency on the OS of your choice
- Basic grasp of API’s and standards (REST, SOAP, OAuth) will be helpful
This course covers a broad range of Flowgear topics. (Note that Node development is not included, please reach out to us if you would like to receive training on Node development).
- Introduction & Architecture (suitable for sales people)
- Platform Administration (suitable for end-users)
- Design Basics
- Popular Nodes
- Connecting to On-Prem Systems
- Connecting to Cloud services
- Data Mapping
- Workflow Design Patterns
- Building API’s
- Common Use Cases
- Security and Governance
Before the Course (Required preparation)
At least 3 days before the course begins, you must complete these steps. Our team will review the workflows you have created in your account before the course begins:
- Sign up for a trial account at https://www.flowgear.net/free-trial-poc/ (please use the same account you registered for the course with)
- Activate your account and sign in
- If you're running Windows, download and install a Flowgear DropPoint and register it against your Flowgear Site. If you're running a Mac, let us know so we can register a test DropPoint into your Site to enable you to complete the primer material
- If you have a test SQL server you can work with, set it up so you can complete the primer video. if you don't have a test SQL server, let us know so we can give you access to a test SQL database to enable you to complete the primer material
- Watch the Technical Certification Primer Video and copy the steps shown in it (you'll create a few basic workflows)
Technical Certification Course Primer Video
Please ensure you watch this video prior to the Technical Certification Course commencing. You will need to work through the examples shown in the video within your own Flowgear account. You'll need 1 - 2 hours depending on your current level of experience.
Our course is live streamed over YouTube - if you can watch the primer video here, you should be all set!
During the Course
We strongly recommend that you have at least two screens so that you're able to live-build on one screen in parallel with the presentation of the material on a second screen. The Console supports Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari but we recommend using Chrome.
Please join the training session 15 minutes early to ensure your audio is configured correctly, we will start exactly on the hour.
You must build the Workflows under the same user account that you registered with. If you need to use a different account, let us know before the course commences.
At the start of the course, you will be provided with a shared folder that will give you access to:
- The full training deck
- Training assets that are required for completion of exercises
The course contains about 20 practical exercises where you'll need to build a Workflow that solves for a particular problem. The instructor will walk you through the process for each solution and you will have opportunity to finish any incomplete work after the session ends at which time you'll also be able to obtain 1 on 1 help from a technical member of our team for the next hour.
After the Course
On completion, you will be graded as follows:
- 1 mark for a non-working Workflow where an attempt has been made OR
- 4 marks for successful build of a Workflow that achieves the exercise objective
You'll need to achieve at least 80% in order to pass the certification. On receiving a pass, you will be registered as a certified Flowgear implementer and will be issued with a Technical Certification certificate.